Author Topic: Great News!!  (Read 2478 times)

jubby

Great News!!
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »
 :yay   :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay Fantastic News... Charlotte has been discharged from all her doctors, they are convinced that she has self cured.
They say if ahe can maintain her weight as she is, then she should have no more problems her eyes are all clear, no sign of enlarged discs etc, her neurologist would be happy to see her again if symptoms were to appear, even though she is going off to uni!!

I would like to say a big big thank you to everyone who has helped Charlotte and me over the past 3 1/2 years  :grouphugs

MiniMegz

Re: Great News!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
Oh That's amazing news!!!! I am so so so so so so happy and pleased for you!!!!!!
:grin :yay :boogie :woohoo :woot :coolup :grin :yay :boogie :woohoo :woot :coolup :grin :yay :boogie

:star Please keep us updated on how things go at Uni! You haven given me hope, you're all Stars! :star

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug <3 <3 <3 :hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline x Shelly x

• Trustee Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cerebral Cortex
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »
 :whatshesaid

I think Meggie said everything I wanted to say so I'll ditto everything she said. lol

give Charlotte a big hug from me...  :hug and tell her I wish her all the best for Uni...

Love Shelly..xx
Today is the tomorrow you were thinking about yesterday... 

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline TRINITY1

• FLUID
  • Cerebellum
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »
How absolutely wonderful! I dream of that day for Lana and now I feel it might well come along! :coolup

Good luck with Uni  :yay  :grouphugs :grouphugs

Offline Kayleigh

• Ganglion
  • Keep smiling!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »
For her to start Uni' with no IIH is wonderful. The very best of luck with her studies and for her future health.

:woot
"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer"

jubby

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:56 PM »
Thank you for your kind words and :grouphugs, I will keep writing posts on updates of Charlotte.

For all you sufferers never give up hope, we never thought we would see the light at the end of the tunnel but we did get there in the end, I know it won't happen for everyone and we are not saying Charlotte is 100% cured (although we keep fingers crossed) but never give up hope.

A big thanks to all those that have supported us especially Shelley,Rose,Noreen,Megan & Doddster to name but a few, your words of encouragement were always gratefully received.

Best wishes to you all  :grouphugs :grouphugs :grouphugs :grouphugs :grouphugs :grouphugs

Love
Julie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Noreen

• Supporter
  • Cerebellum
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
Oh Julie petal thats the best news I'm so so glad and thrilled for you, Charlotte and all your family. Love and  :hug :hug :hug :hug for Charlotte and the very very best of everything thats super good at Uni. Love always and do please keep in touch. Noreen xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top xxxxx

Offline Doddster

• Plexus
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
That is great news.  :woohoo
It is a great feeling when you get discharged by the Dr's.
I hope Charlotte stays well and has a great time at uni, and gets to make up for the IIH years.

big  :hugss

Nikki

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline jubby

• Neuron
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 04:35:30 PM »
Charlotte's mum here....so Charlotte has been relatively IIH free  for the past 5 years. Charlotte has finished her law degree and has been travelling since April 2015. She is now in Australia and has been since June 2015 and enjoying life except...yes IIH has decided to rear it's ugly little head again. We visited Charlotte in August and she said that she had been getting a fair few headaches and her neck was hurting her. She went to the doctor in the middle of September and explained her symptoms and her previous history of IIH. The doctor did admit that they were not familiar to them. They sent Charlotte for a CT scan and an MRI scan and it has been discovered that Charlotte has Stenosis Venous Sinus, the neurosurgeon said he needed to see her old MRI scans to see if she had been born with it or it had been caused by a clot!!! She had an LP on Friday her pressure was 20 not too bad but higher than it should have been. They are thinking of possibly a shunt but would like to try her on diamox again first ( not this again we got up to 47 tablets last time). They are looking at CCSVI....will update when I know more. xxx