Author Topic: Is it common for IIH to worsen during pregnancy?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline kitcat

• Ganglion
Is it common for IIH to worsen during pregnancy?
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant and all is going well  :woohoo however my head has been getting worse for the last 6 weeks. It seemed to start when my morning sickness started but despite that tapering off 2 weeks ago, my pain levels have really incresed.

I am seeing my neuro in less than 2 weeks and I know he will arrange for an LP because I do respond really well to them (my last one lasted me 7 months).

Does anyone know though if it is to be expected that the IIH will get worse as the pregnancy progresses?? Just curious beause I am not only going to do a hospital/neuro switch just over halfway through my pregnancy, I am also doing a country switch too as I am moving back to Australia!

Hopefully my neuro will let me know what experiences his other pregnant patients have had and I suppose who knows my next LP might last me even longer!
I'm just gonna keep smiling!!!

Offline Baxter392

• Neuron
Re: Is it common for IIH to worsen during pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:07:37 PM »
Hello just thought I would say hi and hope your country swap went well!

We are also returning to Australia once we have had our baby.

I'm only newly pregnant so have yet to find out what my treatment plan will be..

If you have returned to Aus, have you noticed that the heat exacerbate the symptoms of IIH at all? I have read the heat seems to have that affect so was interested to hear your experiences.

Hope you're feeling well and enjoying life back down under!