Author Topic: Could Doxycycline have given me IIH? What to do?  (Read 7994 times)

Offline worriedaboutdoxy

• Nuclei
Re: Could Doxycycline have given me IIH? What to do?
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
Hey there, just an update months later. Symptoms still not gone. Living situation got so bad in PA that I had to leave, my abusive father was literally threatening to have me arrested and kicked out because I left some bread crumbs on the table. Moved to Washington State with some friends. Things have been a little better (for one, the constant rain knocks the allergens right out of the air, so I sneeze way less!) and I was able to get medical assistance really fast. I saw a general doctor/PCP who was nice but basically dismissed all my IIH concerns. I'm currently set to see a psychiatrist on the 19th, and it'll be an uphill battle finding out a way to attack this daily pain around my right eye (Especially if it is IIH, as I'm still really mortified of having an LP), but I'm trying to stay positive. Still haven't lost any vision, but my BP went up a little (probably stress, as it's been a very stressful year for me) and I've been dealing with a numb foot and occasional loss of balance.

Hanging in there, doing all I can, praying it won't be too late by the time I discover what's going on. Cursing the name of doxycycline with my every breath, though I know nothing will change.

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
Re: Could Doxycycline have given me IIH? What to do?
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2016, 05:40:44 AM »
So sorry you are still suffering, I do hope you get some answers, best wishes to you  :grouphugs Andrea
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.