Author Topic: Feeling wonderful with a VP shunt  (Read 1447 times)

Offline amritap

• Neuron
Feeling wonderful with a VP shunt
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:10:58 PM »
Hi,

I'm a 36 year old woman from India. I was diagnosed with IIH for last few months. I had a CSF leak repair back in 2014. I had couple of LPs and the last one revealed an opening pressure of 40. Surprisingly my eye was unaffected. I had a VP shunt 20 days back by Dr. Rana Patir at Gurgaon, Fortis Hospital in India. I'm feeling wonderful to say the least. Though I have a bit of low pressure headache at times, but the tremendous pressure inside my head and eyes along with the severe pain and continuous nausea is completely gone.

I was suggested to do a LP shunt by most of the doctors. But it's Dr. Patir whose confidence in a programmable VP shunt and the prospect of having a better quality of life after surgery that empowered me to take the final call. I'm happy I was so right in choosing my doctor and the treatment process. What I could make out after going through it all the way that no one can assume the best CSF pressure for a IIH patient until she herself experiences it. With a programmable shunt you always have the freedom to adjust the CSF pressure without any invasive procedure. It makes life very simple.

I hope this testimonial helps others to choose the right treatment choice for themselves.

Love

Amrita

Offline Sandra D

• Cerebral Cortex
Re: Feeling wonderful with a VP shunt
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 07:43:34 AM »
 :yay Great news - thanks for sharing your positive story with us xx
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.