Author Topic: help ! has anyone eles had jagular foramen decompression ?  (Read 16665 times)

Offline jugularforamen

• Axon
Re: help ! has anyone eles had jagular foramen decompression ?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:20 AM »
Hi Lisa. Im very excited to hear about your coming procedure. When you say pre-op, do you mean the meeting with the doctor? Have they told you anything about the lenght of the surgery? What are the risks and how long is the recovery time? I really hope this works well for you. Take care.

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 08:37:52 PM »
They said op will take approx 3-4 hours. Will be in hospital for one night. Next day have a ct scan to make sure enough bone been removed. I had my pre op ie blood test, blood pressure,  weight,  height and ecg.

Offline jugularforamen

• Axon
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »
Hi Lisa, did they say anything about potential risks or maybe one even does not want to hear about that, if thats the case I understand you. Anyway Im just wondering if the surgery is considered easy and safe or if its extremely risky? If you now this I mean.

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
Every op had its risks. They go very close to four nerves endings. Can't remember them all but can ho:censored your voice, shoulder weakness, facial nerves. Can lose hearing for while. With all these risk I feel scared but they wouldn't do it if not safe enough!! Its very delicate op.

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »
Jugular foreman
Have you had your op yet?

Offline jugularforamen

• Axon
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
Hi Lisa, no I have not even been investigated yet. They are extremely slow over here but Im thinking of taking direct contact with Addenbrookes cause they seem to be the ones with most experience of this surgery. Have you done your operation yet?

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
Meant to have it beginning of this month but got cancelled. Chase up in new year.

What hospital you under?

Was under impression can only have this op at Addenbrookes.

Offline jugularforamen

• Axon
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »
Hi Lisa sorry for late respons. I am under a hospital in Germany and don't think they have this procedure. As you said, I also believe this is only done at Addenbrookes at least for IIH patients. So did they give you a exact date yet? I will contact them and see if they can fix me to.

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »
Unfortunately been cancelled twice. Waiting for 3rd date. Guess third time lucky i hope x

Offline dabirg

• Moderator Group
  • Plexus
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »
Oh No - very much hoping for 3rd time lucky for you

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
Hi I finally had my left jugular foreman decompression last week. Op went very well. I was away from my bed for 6.5 hours. In theatre for roughly 5 hrs+ My hair got shaved round the ear. (See below for cutting). If you had stents before, you will noticed the pain is not as bad. They just drill through my skull not going through dura as no csf was loss throughout this op. I was in hospital for a week as I had problems with new intense headache, zero balance and mega dizziness. I couldn't walk for 2 days and struggle standing upright without wobbling or losing my balance. In past two days manage to walk to loo by myself with crutches, but soon something distract me im wobbly again.  There talk off doing the other side once i been stented. Outcome of op my pressure headaches have ease from left but now found next tight/narrow in my brain. Despite being mega ill I'm prepared for next one when ever that mayb. Only came home from hospital today. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Offline jugularforamen

• Axon
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 03:14:11 AM »
Hi Lisa. I'm really glad to hear everything went well for you. I hope your dizziness will soon be over, maybe it's because your body is adopting to the changes that were made.

You say that the pressure now has found a new narrowing in your brain, what do you mean by that? Has it moved to the right sided jugular foramen or somewhere else? When is the surgery for the right side scheduled?

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
Not a clue when right side is done, need stents first to open the vein
Then I'll see ent back in clinic. Go from there really.

Pressure ease off on left side my side  :smile but i do have alot of problems when I moved as when I lift my head off pillow or back of chair I get bang of pressure on top of my head and right side pt had increase alot too. My balance still poor when I stand up. Can't come down or up stairs by myself. Headrush not nice, nausea and unsteadiness. Im post 4 weeks now. I hope I be in better position. At moment worse before I  had op as could do more then, than i can now. The hole ball game is new. Guess lots of learning still need to be done. Didn't expect to be worse than I started. Was told my right side is worse but to me at the time my problematic side was left. Seem to moving to right. Hard to explain.

Offline dabirg

• Moderator Group
  • Plexus
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »
Hope your situation eases soon you've been through so much already

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »
Thank you Dabirg. I do hope too things settle down. If can get rid of banging pressure upon standing that I didn't have before op. Pretty sure my life be easier. Also been diagnosed with high blood pressure since op. Got medication to help. Do you have any stents? Got 2 in transverse sinus. Having one place in jugular vein. That my next step.