Author Topic: more stents and a styloidectomy!  (Read 1856 times)

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
more stents and a styloidectomy!
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Hello all, sorry I havnt been around much lately! Suffering quite a bit! Dr Higgins contacted me after their last MDT meeting and I'm going in on 14th July for more stents on the right and after that a styloidectomy on the left to make room for stenting the jugular, has anyone here had this? Mr Axon does the styloidectomy, so I guess I will be going to see him soon. I already have 9 stents and a lumbopleural shunt so I'm not new to this but I see from Facebook that a number of patients have been contacted about the same treatment. So I'm curious if this approach has worked for anyone. Andrea x
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline Keren

• Ganglion
Re: more stents and a styloidectomy!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »
No i havent had this but i just wanted to say big hugs and lots of support!  :grouphugs
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline spikeylisa79

• Nuclei
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »
I'm like you Andrea waiting to see mr a. Have you got date yet? Good luck for monday. Hopefully you will know more then. If you already got 9 stents. Have you got much more space to put more? Guess you have! I know one of mine 8cm long.
 :coolup all the bests for monday x

Offline dabirg

• Moderator Group
  • Plexus
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »
Hi Andrea - hope your addenbrookes appt goes to plan this time and you don't get bumped again.  Gill is still there I think so you may meet.  she has had plenty of procedures recently and is having yet more stents too. I so hope they hit on a fix for you guys and end the suffering. Gill