Author Topic: stent procedure and waiting times  (Read 2033 times)

Offline amymarie1993

• Neuron
stent procedure and waiting times
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »
Has anybody had a stent fitted at addenbrookes under Dr Higgins and how long did it take after your venogram to have the stent fitted? Not sure how much longer I can wait :(  I want my 21year old life back :( also anyone that has had a stent fitted.Did it hurt? Did you stay in hospital or is it day surgery? was it surgery

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
Re: stent procedure and waiting times
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
I've had 9 stents with Dr Higgins, he is great. It's at least an overnight stay, done under a general anaesthetic. I did have issues as I had them done in pairs and one occasion 3 were done at once. I did have some pain but they do make sure you are comfortable, I have very narrow veins which is why I had some pain. Sadly stenting didn't help me and I now have a lumbopleural shunt too, I still have alot of pain, vertigo, nausea, memory issues etc. But I am a difficult one. Many people have great success with stenting, I've spoken to many patients on the same ward with me and they were lucky enough to have their pain halved. For me it takes about a month to get over General anaesthesia, but it's a very individual thing. I'm not medically trained but I'm happy to share my experience! Good luck xxx Andrea
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline amymarie1993

• Neuron
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
Thanks for replyling! I am apprehensive about having it done, but hey! the veneogram balloning hurt so much i don't think i could do it again so i'm glad its a general! Did your venogram hurt out of interest? I have a appointment with Dr Garnett in July to talk about the stenting then its full steam ahead i hope! :) i've never seen Dr Garnett is he nice? Before Dr Higgins i had seen Professor Lehner.
Thank you!
 :smile

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:14:12 AM »
Hi there, yes my venogram did hurt in places, Mr Garnett is lovely and always answers your questions so go armed with a list of your concerns, good luck and keep us informed xx  :grouphugs Andrea
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.