Author Topic: MENOPASUSAL AND IHH  (Read 8620 times)

Offline bevs

• Axon
MENOPASUSAL AND IHH
« on: February 10, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »
HI I HAVE HIT 49 AND IM MENOPAUSAL AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW AND IF ANY OTHER LADIES ARE FEELING LIKE I DO AT THE MOMENT  :eek WELL I HAVE HAD IHH FOR 13 YEARS AND ITS ALONG STORY I REGARD IIH AS MY ANNOYING PAL AS YOU ALL KNOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT EVERY DAY. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD WORSENING SYMPTOMS WHEN HAVING MY PERIOD AND NOW BEING PERIOD FREE FOR 2 YEARS WHEN MY PERIOD WAS DUE I GET EXTREME SYMPTOMS SEVERE HEADACHE, LETHARGY, CANT STRING WORDS TOGETHER,MEMORY WELL THATS HILLARIOUS, BALANCE GOES SO MY POOR HUBBY HAS TO HELP ME AROUND. I HAVE BE ADMITTED FOR A lumbar PUNTURE WHILST AT THIS TIME AND THE PRESSURES SO HIGH COMPARED OTHER TIMES 42 IM ON MAX MEDS ( I DONT HAVE A SHUNT HAD TWO BUT BOTH CAUSED VENTRICULITUS AND OTHER COMPLICATIONS) . I ALSO GET VERY VERBAL CHANGE OF BEHAVIOR :cool2 :cool2 .BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE IM STRUGGLING MORE WITH MY IIH SYMPTOMS SINCE STARTING THE MENOPAUSE .IS IT JUST A MIXTURE OF THE TWO. I GET SO WEEPY OVER THE WHY I FEEL. IS THERE ANYOTHER WOMAN OUT THERE WITH IHH AND MENOPAUSAL ? :thanks

Offline Sandra D

• Cerebral Cortex
Re: MENOPASUSAL AND IHH
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »
Hi  :wave

I think my IIH developed because of the menopause. I can't comment on before then, I had never suffered with headache prior to then. It could be that because your hormones it's harder for you to manage your symptoms. I would have a word with your GP  :hug x   
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:17 PM »
Poor you....I'm just approaching it and I have noticed more of a headache for a few extra days per month, but I have the mirena coil which alters your period and hormone level. I've been diagnosed for over 7 years but had at least 10 years previously where I was fobbed off with ...it's stress...it's because you hyperventilate...blah blah blah. I now have 9 stents and a lumbopleural shunt, going in for icp monitoring this week! Go and see your gp, they may be able to help...hormone replacement maybe.....anything is worth a try in my book. Good luck, you aren't alone in being hacked off with this dreadful illness ! X :grouphugs
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

Offline bevs

• Axon
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »
THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLIED IT ALWAYS GREAT TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE. SO CHEERS GIRLS. :cheerful I HAVE BEEN TO SEE MY DOCTOR SINCE AND SHE SAID THAT IIH AND THE MENAPAUSE IS NOT A GOOD MATCH. :nooo :noooHORMONES FLYING AND CAUSING CHAOS,SHE ALSO TOLD ME I COULD NOT HAVE ANY HRT BECAUSE OF MY MEDS. SO IM TRYING TO KEEP POSITIVE AND NOT THROW ANYTHING AT MY HUBBY !!!!!! ONLY JOKING.  CHEERS ONCE AGAIN TO KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE WITH ANNOYING HORRIBLE ILLNESS :grouphugsXXXXXXXXXXX

Offline chezannebrace

• Nuclei
  • Me
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
So glad this comment is on forum I thought it was just me.