Author Topic: LP shunt - which side of your body is yours?!  (Read 3079 times)

Offline pinkfrog003

• Dendrite
LP shunt - which side of your body is yours?!
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
Hi all

I have an LP shunt (fitted in October 2008) and have had two revisions following my two pregnancies (Jan 2012 and Feb 2013) and am currently waiting for another surgery date to get it revised again  :nooo  :sad

But I was just wondering what side of the body people's LP shunts are (my is on the right-hand side) and I was just wondering if because the tubing keeps coming away from my peritnoeal wall and causing a large mass-like fluid build it - can it be put on the left-hand side of my body or not? Does anyone have a shunt on the left-hand side?

Jenni x  :star
I will be headache free one day.........

Offline 0777sch

• Axon
Re: LP shunt - which side of your body is yours?!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »
Hi....

my shunt is on my left hand side so yes they can do it.

Good luck with your surgery hope this is the last for you xx

Offline AMHep77

• Neuron
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:05:38 AM »
Mine is on the right.  Can you tell me what the pain you get feels like and what your tummy feels like to touch when you get the build up? I'm 7 months in and having headaches and tummy pain and they are talking about just removing it all...and I can't understand why we aren't talking about tweaking since it worked great for 6 months and none of the medications helped at all.  Thanks.
Trying to keep on rolling :-)

Offline suzes

• Axon
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:31 PM »
I have had 8 LP shunts fitted over the years been fitted on both sides, don't think it really matters
Sue