Author Topic: Help - is this how it's going to be  (Read 4325 times)

Offline midlandsmum

• Neuron
Help - is this how it's going to be
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Hi, I had an adjustable LP shunt fitted in December 2010. It's working just fine but I've been backwards and forwards to neurosurgeon since then because I either have low pressure symptoms or high pressure. A couple of months ago I was suffering from low pressure symptoms so it was adjusted, papilledema came back so 2 weeks ago it was adjusted again. Now I have quite severe low pressure symptoms, fortunately I work from home a lot and have a sympathetic employer so if it gets too much I can go and lie down. The neurosurgeon says drink a lot, well yes I'm doing that, but this isn't "normal" life but do I have to adjust to this being my new normal?

Thanks

Offline Emysmum

• Thalamus
    • Hannah's JustGiving Page
Re: Help - is this how it's going to be
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
I've moved your topic to the LP shunts board in the hope that you will get a helpful reply. Sorry I don't know much about LP shunts so can't help.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

http://www.justgiving.com/Hannah-Clarkson-Webb

Offline @moon@

• Neuron
Re: Help - is this how it's going to be
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »

Well .. i have the same problem ...
Maybe my doctor change the settings every week for more than 3 months  or so .... finally we decided to just try and manage with the low pressure headaches instead  of the high pressure because it is more dangerous on my eyes